Anadrol General Information
Anadrol-50 may cause serious liver and spleen problems, including the formation of blood-filled cysts within the liver and spleen and the formation of liver tumors. Liver failure or severe internal bleeding may sometimes result. If you develop sudden dizziness, weakness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dark urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes, contact your doctor immediately.
Anadrol-50 may cause changes in lipid levels in the blood, which can affect your risk of developing blockages in the arteries (atherosclerosis) or coronary artery disease. Talk with your doctor if you have questions about taking Anadrol-50.
Anadrol-50 is used for:
Treating certain types of anemia. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Anadrol-50 is an androgen hormone. It works by increasing the production of erythropoietin, a chemical in the body that increases the production of red blood cells.
Do NOT use Anadrol-50 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Anadrol-50
- you are or may become pregnant
- you have severe kidney problems (eg, nephrosis) or severe liver problems or have cancer of the prostate or breast
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Anadrol-50 :
Some medical conditions may interact with Anadrol-50. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have diabetes; an enlarged prostate; heart, kidney, or liver problems; or high blood calcium
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Anadrol-50 . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), carbamazepine, insulin, or oxyphenbutazone because the risk of side effects may be increased by Anadrol-50
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Anadrol-50 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Anadrol-50 :
Use Anadrol-50 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Anadrol-50 may be taken with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of Anadrol-50, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Anadrol-50 .
Important safety information:
- Diabetes patients - Anadrol-50 may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely and ask your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- LAB TESTS, including blood cholesterol and lipid levels, iron levels, urine and blood calcium levels, liver function tests, bone growth and development, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Anadrol-50 with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially enlarged prostate and prostate cancer.
- Anadrol-50 may affect certain lab tests, including thyroid function tests. Be sure your doctors and lab personnel know you are taking Anadrol-50.
- Anadrol-50 may affect the growth rate in CHILDREN and adolescents in some instances. Your child's growth may need to be checked regularly while using Anadrol-50 .
- Caution is advised when using Anadrol-50 in CHILDREN because they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially effects on bone growth and sexual development.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Anadrol-50 if you are pregnant. If you suspect that you could be pregnant, contact your doctor immediately. It is unknown if Anadrol-50 is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while using Anadrol-50 .
Possible side effects of Anadrol-50 :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Abnormal skin sensations; acne; anxiety; baldness; changes in sexual desire; general body discomfort; headache.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast growth; changes in menstrual periods; changes in skin color; deepening of the voice; depression; frequent or persistent erections; hoarseness; mood or mental problems; more hair on the face; nausea; new lumps or pain; swelling of arms or legs; trouble sleeping; trouble urinating; unusual bruising or bleeding; vomiting; weight gain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Anadrol-50 :
Store Anadrol-50 between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Anadrol-50 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Anadrol-50, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Anadrol-50 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Anadrol-50. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.